09 January, 2009

Rafa: My Stoke City vs. Liverpool Team Sheet

Reina

Carragher

Hyypia

Agger

Aurelio

Mascherano

Lucas

Babel

Myself

Riera

Kuyt

  • Not much changes in the back.  It turned out that putting Carragher in the Full-Back position has been working out, so I’ll just stick with it.
  • Insua is not available so I put Aurelio on the other side of the defense.  I’ll let him take a few free kicks if/when I choose to.
  • Alonso is injured so Lucas will take his spot
  • I chose to put Babel on the right because, 1)  Riera has been doing well on the left, and 2) Babel can play the Striker position while (the alternate) Benayoun cannot.  I would like some options here.
  • Kuyt over Torres even though Torres is available.  I’ll put Torres on some time in the second half.  I just don’t want him to get injured by doing a full-game so soon, and Away.

My prediction:  Stoke City 0-4 Liverpool

No comments:

Post a Comment