12 September, 2009

Liverpool vs. Burnley Post Match Rating

I mentioned in the earlier post but I want to mention it again, today’s formation of moving me back to Alonso’s position has been called out on this blog 10 days ago!  I have to admit that I was expecting to partner Mascherano, and not Lucas, but that’s totally fine.  I just came back from England duty; I scored 2 goals, and I’m red hot!  And before the game starts, I told Lucas that he better not disappoint me because I’m NOT going to sit back there, with him, to help defending.  He didn’t disappoint.  I have to assume that I brought out the best of Lucas today.

Reina – 7 – Hardly challenged all day.  I wanted to give a 6, but hey, a clean sheet is a clean sheet!

Skrtel – 7 – Just like Reina, he didn’t have much to do today either.  There were a few defending runs and he didn’t get caught out.  His jaw looks strong as usual!

Carragher – 7 – Again, rarely challenged.  Clean sheet!  That’s good!

Insua – 7 – On a day like today, playing against a weaker side, I was hoping to see more of the attacking side of him.  But with Glen Johnson bombing forward on any given chance all the day, we do need him to stay back to help out. 

Johnson – 7 – Should we ever need a defensive minded Winger, he’ll be playing in that spot.  Come on, Glen!  It’s time to improve your defensive skills further.  I’m afraid you’ll get targeted when we play against teams with a strong Left Winger.

Lucas – 7 – Just avoid the attacking!  Otherwise, you did a much better job today to provide the much needed coverage to the defensive line.

Riera – 5 – I’m not impressed my your performance today.  Babel should have played today, instead of you.  But he suffered a mouth and tongue injury!

Benayoun – 10 – Hat Trick!  Lots of dribbling!  Enough said.

Torres – 6 – It’s cool that you get tightly marked all day long.  Guess what!?  You’ve freed up Benayoun!

Kuyt – 7 – You did okay for trying to be me.  But you know you’re not me, right?  Congratulations on your goal!

Me – 7 – I think I did well.  It’s been a while since I played in Alonso’s position and I still prefer to go forward and attack. 

Degen – 6 – Premiership debut!  Congratulations!

Voronin – 5 – You still haven’t improved your shooting; nor did you improve on your runs.  You continued to run into positions where I would go. 

Ngog – 5 – He didn’t play long enough

No comments:

Post a Comment